- I usually prefer patients to be referred to me by their GP/private GP. In the UK, the GP (general practitioner) is responsible for overall care so they are usually involved from the beginning. They may also be required to take over prescribing medication once the acute problem settles and you feel ready to be discharged back to their care. I may prescribe medication that may or may not interact with medications prescribed by your GP or your physical health problems so it is important the GP and I are aware of each other’s treatment.
- The service I provide is strictly confidential and discreet. Without assurances about confidentiality, patients may be reluctant to seek medical help or to give doctors the information they need in order to provide good care. If you are from outside the UK, we can discuss what information you would like to pass to a doctor or physician back home. Sometimes patients do not want anyone to know that they have had treatment for their addiction or mental health problem – I am happy to discuss any specific requirements.
- To make an appointment, please contact my P.A. Lisa Davies on:
mobile: 07763 988288 (calling from outside UK 00447763988288)
- If you encounter a voicemail please leave a short message with a way to contact you. You don’t have to leave a name if you are concerned about confidentiality over the telephone. We aim to get back to you with an appointment time and venue within 24 hours
- We will send you the Terms and Conditions form that you will need to read carefully, complete and return to us
- Please ensure you have paid for your initial assessment appointment and any future review appointments at least 48 hours in advance.