I am ratified by the General Medical Council and the Royal College of Psychiatrists as being specially qualified in the assessment and treatment of drug, alcohol and addictive disorders. I have worked in the field of addiction sciences for the majority of my medical career and have chosen this as my sub-specialism with extensive clinical experience treating patients with complex and severe difficulties with:
- heroin and opiates
- harmful or dependent patterns of alcohol consumption
- prescription medication problems
- over the counter medication problems
- club drug use such as Ketamine, Mephedrone, GHB/GBL, legal highs, Methamphetamines
- cannabis misuse
- benzodiazepine / hypnotic medication such as Valium (diazepam), Xanax (alprazolam) and sleeping tablets
I am able to resolve problems that other clinicians and psychiatrists have found difficult to treat due to my expertise in this field. I also see patients that have inadvertently developed withdrawals or dependency to pain medication and sleeping or benzodiazepine-type medications like Valium after recovering from chronic pain, bereavement, an operation or a long illness.
I have gained experience in specialist stimulant clinics with young adults in their late teens and early twenties struggling with cannabis and club/recreational drug use.
FRANK helps you find out everything you might want to know about drugs (and some stuff you don’t). For friendly, confidential advice, Talk to FRANK.
Overcoming addiction, http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Addiction/Pages/addictionhome.aspx